Offering intensive summer art programs for high school students.
Spend your summer as part of a community of talented students and teachers from around the world. Our summer programs are taught by graduates of Cranbrook Academy of Art and are designed to both bolster creativity and develop fundamental skills. Our teaching artists excel in providing individual attention and innovative instruction – accommodating students of all levels.
CSAI utilizes the rich resources available at Cranbrook Academy of Art – one of the most respected graduate schools in the world for fine art, design, and architecture.
- Each session is 2 weeks long; students attend class for studio time and instruction from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Additional educational opportunities are offered at evening workshops so students can experiment and explore outside of their chosen focus.
- Programs are housed in the Academy’s studios, and programs are lead by graduate students and alumni ‐ all are practicing artists and designers.
- Students stay in graduate residence dorms on Cranbrook’s scenic 330‐acre grounds.
- Weekends are spent exploring the Metro‐Detroit area ‐ experiencing local cuisine and cultural attractions including, the Detroit Institute of Arts, Belle Isle State Park, Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MoCAD), and many more!
- At the end of each session we host a public exhibition of student work at Cranbrook Academy of Art!
The 2016 Program Schedule is now available ‐ with registration opening on December 01!